Cyber Shield Team Welcomes You!
Let’s talk about Cybersecurity and how individuals can protect their data
What is Cyber-Security?
The act of protecting the computer systems and networks from the theft of or damage to their hardware, software, or electronic data, as well as from the disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
Since almost every field has adopted and relies on the use of computers and internet now, it has been more important than ever before to secure the communication, entertainment, transportation, shopping, medical records, and many more things to prevent or mitigate the loss of data (technically the loss of money) that we are facing almost every second. If we look at the latest cyber attack statistics, we can greatly understand why Cyber-Security is important today. The following are some cyber-attack statistics:
• 300,000 thousand new pieces of malware ranging from viruses, adware, Trojans, spyware, etc. are created daily which is really concerning.
• Around 30,000 websites are hacked daily in the world which equals to one new attack on the web every 39 seconds.
• Almost 86% of all the data breaches such as stealing people’s social security number, bank account details, ransomware attacks, are financially motivated.
• The major source of spreading malware is through email which is approximately 94%.
• We are losing up to $1 trillion in global losses due to cyber-attacks.
Interested in learning more? Check out the following sites:
What are Different types of Hackers..
Ethical hackers are also referred as white hat hackers. They use their hacking skills for good. It is important to have a professional involvement with the hacking to over watch what type of hacking is being performed because every hacker has a curiosity of breaking into systems but not stealing or changing anything which explains their motivation. However, there are hackers who are trying to break into the systems for their own good, for their benefits. E.g. Black hat hackers. There is a very small line between grey hat hackers and white hat hackers. Grey hat hackers violates some laws and ethical hacking standards. Their motivation is all about curiosity of breaking into systems and exploring.